Brandon, Heather &LillyAnna Durfey

Brandon, Heather &LillyAnna Durfey
This is my favorite picture. She's so oblivious to the camera.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My sweet husband!

I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have such a wonderful guy in my life. I look around at some family and some friends and realize how lucky I truly am. I have a lot of friends that are either already mother, or pregnant and I see how the fathers of the babies are and I compare them to Brandon and I get this wash of relief that I got so lucky. About 1 maybe 2 out of 5 men stick around when they get someone pregnant and that's a pretty low number when you think about it. And out of those men, very few are actually helpful and considerate. My husband can be inconsiderate and spiteful and just plain hurtful when he wants to be, but when it comes down to it he's there for me and he holds my hand through this crazy time. The one thing I grew up without when I was younger was a dad and I thank God every night before I go to sleep that my little girl isn't going to have to do that. Brandon will always be there for her and that isn't just me hoping that he will, when I look at him and the way he talks about her, I know that no matter what happens he'll always be daddy first and man second. I really can't wait to actually see him with her. He's going to be an amazing dad. I really truly think so.
When I look at all the women in my family, I worry that I may someday be like them and I really don't want that because they have bad taste in men and end up messing it up when they have good men and moving on to crappy men who treat them like crap and don't care how they feel. My mother (whom I hope never reads this) is in a very controlled relationship and she can't seem to get out of it. She's had good men and she's been in good relationships but they didn't last and now she's with my step dad. He treats her like crap and doesn't care what she needs or wants. I hope that if Brandon were to ever treat me the way Jaime treats my mom, I'd be able to walk away from him. It's not just damaging my moms life but also my siblings and I hope that if I knew that something I was doing was hurting my children I'd be able to walk away from it. Like I said, I consider myself very lucky to have such an amazing husband and I sometimes really take him for granted. I personally think he settled for me because of my looks. He could do so much better but he doesn't think that he can. I can be the biggest... b**** and I can be so inconsiderate of him and he still loves me. That's all I could ever ask for and I just wish he could understand how much I truly love and appreciate him. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and he really doesn't think so. I love you Brandon!






These are my wedding pictures and I never get sick of looking at them. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made in my life. I love you Brandon! You are my everything. You and Lilly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment